This smooth and delicious vegan buttercream frosting recipe is the perfect recipe to use for vegan cupcakes, cakes, and cookies. This non-dairy version is made with only 5 ingredients, is simple to make, comes together in minutes, and tastes no different than the traditional buttercreams made with dairy.
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Vegan Butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste or Extract
- 1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Dairy-Free Milk or Heavy Cream
- Add the room-temperature butter to a bowl and using a stand mixer or hand mixer with a whisk attachment, cream the butter by whipping it on low speed. When the butter is fully broken down, increase the speed to medium and continue to whisk the butter until it is smooth.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar to the bowl ½ cup at a time and whisk on low speed until combined. Repeat this step until all of the sugar is incorporated, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula as needed.
- When all of the sugar is combined, whisk in the vanilla extract, sea salt, and milk or cream. Continue to whisk until everything is smooth and fully incorporated.
- Enjoy with cakes, cookies, or cupcakes.
To ensure the powdered sugar is vegan, I highly recommend using organic sugar.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American