Jerk tofu bowls with mango-hummus dressing are an incredibly easy vegan and gluten-free weeknight dinner option that comes together in just 30 minutes. or meal planned lunch. Made with a Jamaican jerk seasoned tofu, a fresh healthy salad, and topped with a flavorful mango-hummus dressing.
- 1 Block Firm Tofu
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Salt- Free Jerk Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Lime (juiced)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 cups Kale
- 1 cup Cooked Rice
- 1 Cucumber
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 cup Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- 2 tbsp Pepitas (optional)
- 1/4 cup Hummus
- 1 cup Fresh Mango
- 1/2 inch Ginger Piece
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp Water
- Press and drain the excess liquid from the tofu.
- Cut the tofu into cubes, about 1 inch thick.
- To a bowl, add the tofu and drizzle with soy sauce first and allow it to soak into the tofu cubes. Then add the jerk seasoning, lime juice, and maple syrup.
- Heat the oil in a skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add the tofu and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Massage the kale until tender.
- Cook your rice according to the package instructions.
- Chop the cucumber into bite-sized pieces, thinly slice the red onion, halve the tomatoes, and cube the meat of the avocado.
- Cut the mango into small cubes and peel the ginger.
- Add the mango, hummus, ginger, turmeric, cayenne, and water to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Assemble your bowl, starting with the salad, the jerk tofu, then top with the pepitas, and drizzle with the mango-hummus dressing.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes