Jerk tofu bowls with mango-hummus dressing are an incredibly easy vegan and gluten-free weeknight dinner option that comes together in just 30 minutes. Made with a Jamaican jerk seasoned tofu, a fresh healthy salad, and topped with a flavorful mango-hummus dressing.
INGREDIENTS FOR JERK TOFU BOWLS:
- Tofu: I like to use firm or extra firm tofu.
- Soy Sauce: to add flavor to the inside of the tofu.
- Salt-Free Jerk Seasoning: you can also use an equal amount of Jamaican jerk sauce or jerk marinade instead of jerk seasoning.
- Maple Syrup: to add depth and to compliment the jerk flavors.
- Oil: for cooking. I recommend a high-heat oil, like grape seed or sunflower oil.
- Kale: or any other salad greens of your choice.
- Rice: I like to use brown rice.
- Red Onion
- Tomatoes: I like to use grape or cherry tomatoes.
- Pepitas: these are optional, but are great for added texture and crunch.
- Hummus: plain hummus works best.
- Fresh Mango: frozen mango chunks can be used, but they’ll need to thawed and you may need to add an extra tablespoon or two of water to your dressing.
- Ginger: add a warm deep flavor.
- Cayenne Pepper: for a spicy kick.
- Water: to thin out the dressing.
HOW TO MAKE JERK TOFU BOWLS:
- Press and drain the excess water from the tofu block. I like to use a tofu press for this.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch thick cubes.
- Mix together the maple syrup, lime juice, and jerk seasoning.
- Flavor the tofu. Add the tofu cubes to a bowl and drizzle with soy sauce and allow it to soak in. Then add the jerk seasoning mixture and toss until the tofu is fully coated.
- Heat the oil in a skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add the tofu to the skillet and cook until browned on all sides. Removed from the heat and set aside.
- Massage the kale in a bowl until tender.
- Chop the cucumber into bite-sized pieces, thinly slice the red onion, halve the tomatoes, and cut the avocado to your liking.
- Cut the mango into small cubes and peel the ginger.
- Blend. Add the mango, hummus, ginger, turmeric, cayenne, and water to a blender or food processor until smooth. Feel free to add more or less water for your desired consistency.
- Assemble your jerk tofu bowls by layering the jerk tofu on top of the salad, then garnish with the pepitas and drizzle with the mango-hummus dressing.
MORE EASY TOFU RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
- Easy Piri-Piri Tofu Bowls with Lime Yogurt Sauce (Vegan)
- The Tastiest Almond Butter Tofu | Easy and Delicious
- The Best Tofu Ricotta Stuffed Shells | Easy and Vegan