Makes about 8 pancakes.
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 1/4 cups Unsweetened Plant Milk
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup High Heat Oil (I use coconut oil)
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add apple cider vinegar to milk and let sit for 2-3 minutes, then add remaining wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Add wet mixture to the dry mixture.
- Mix gently with a spoon. Batter should be fully incorporated and a little lumpy. Avoid over-mixing.
- For fluffy pancakes, allow batter to rest for about 2-5 minutes.
- Add butter or oil of your choice to skillet on medium-low heat (I like to use coconut oil and butter).
- When butter melts and starts to sizzle a bit, add your desired amount of batter to the pan. This is also a good time to toss on your toppings before flipping.
- Cook until the surface of the pancake starts to bubble, about 2 minutes, then flip over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Pancakes should be golden brown in color.
- Serve with your desired toppings or syrups.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: breakfast, easy, pancakes, plant-based, vegan