This creamy chocolate hazelnut protein smoothie bowl is perfect for a warm day or a post-workout snack. It’s creamy, chocolatey, nutty, and best of all, healthy. And as if the deliciousness that is chocolate and hazelnut wasn’t enough, this smoothie bowl is great for a boost of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Quick and easy, you can enjoy this bowl in 5 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR A CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT PROTEIN SMOOTHIE BOWL
- Frozen Bananas: Frozen is ideal, as they will give this smoothie bowl the creamy texture that it needs.
- Plant-Based Protein: I use Ora Organics Chocolate Protein Powder, but any vegan chocolate protein powder of your choosing will work well.
- Date or Maple Syrup: to sweeten the smoothie bowl.
- Ground Flax Seeds: these are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, but also contribute to the smooth creamy texture.
- Hazelnuts: raw or roasted is totally up to you, but I enjoy the flavor of roasted hazelnuts.
- Plant Milk: I like to use almond milk or oat milk since it’s usually what I have on hand, but feel free to try any milk you prefer.
HOW TO MAKE A CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT SMOOTHIE BOWL
- Add the ingredients to your blender, starting with the plant milk to keep the protein powder from clumping or sticking to the bottom of the blender.
- Blend until smooth. Start at the lowest speed, then increase the speed gradually.
- Top it. This part is totally customizable, but I like to top this bowl with bananas, hazelnuts, hemp seeds, and cacao nibs.
HOW TO FREEZE YOUR BANANAS
Frozen bananas are a staple in my smoothies and smoothie bowls, so I like to keep them on hand and ready to go. When the bananas are ripe, yellow with brown spots, peel them, break them in half, put them in a freezer-safe bag, and toss them in the freezer. Quick, simple, and ready when you need them.