This is the easiest vegan chili recipe you’ll ever make! Made with two kinds of beans, vegan chorizo, and packed with tons of flavor. All you’ll need is one pot, one measuring cup, and one measuring spoon to make this thick and hearty chili.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THE EASIEST VEGAN CHILI
- Vegan Chorizo or Soyrizo: this should be easy to find at any local grocery store near the tofu.
- Diced tomatoes: canned tomatoes are ideal for this recipe, as we’ll be using the tomato juice too.
- Beans: I like to use black beans and red kidney beans. Be sure to drain and rinse them.
- Aromatics: yellow onion and garlic cloves.
- Bell Peppers: I like to use red, yellow, and orange. They all contribute their own unique flavor.
- Chili Seasoning: any standard chili seasoning blend will do, but you’ll want to be sure it is salt free.
- Water: To combine all of the flavors and loosen the ingredients.
- Salt: to heighten the flavors.
- Oil: for cooking. I like to use avocado oil, but any neutral oil will do.
- Toppings: I like to add cilantro or green onions, vegan cheese, and plain vegan yogurt, if I have some on hand.
HOW TO MAKE THE EASIEST VEGAN CHILI
- Dice the onions, peppers, and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions, peppers, and garlic. Cook, while stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegan chorizo (soyrizo), chili seasoning blend, and salt. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chorizo is mostly browned.
- Add the tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, and water.
- Stir and adjust to low heat.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:Print
Easy Vegan Chili
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 6 oz Vegan Chorizo/Soyrizo ((about half package))
- 1 cup Water
- 1 large can/28 oz Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Black Beans ((drained and rinsed))
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans ((drained and rinsed))
- ½ Yellow Onion
- ½ Red Bell Pepper
- ½ Yellow Bell Pepper
- ½ Orange Bell Pepper
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- ¼ cup Neutral Oil ((I use avocado oil))
- 3 tbsp Chili Seasoning ((Salt free))
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Dice the onion, peppers and garlic.
- In a large pot, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add the onions, peppers, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegan chorizo (soyrizo), chili seasoning, and salt. Stirring occasionally, cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until most of the chorizo is browned.
- Add the tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, and water. Stir and adjust to low heat.
- Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 510
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 2941.8 mg
- Fat: 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.1 g
- Protein: 21.9 g
- Cholesterol: 37.5 mg
Keywords: chili, easy, plant-based, vegan