These deliciously fluffy vegan lemon blueberry pancakes are made with fresh and bright ingredients and are completely egg and dairy free. Great to make for breakfast or brunch or even to make ahead for your vegan meal prep to have ready for a busy weekday or a lazy weekend.
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN LEMON BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
- Flour: I use all-purpose flour. For a gluten-free version, you could use a 1:1 gluten-free flour. Or for a slightly healthier version, you can use oat flour.
- Baking Powder: to help the pancakes rise.
- Baking Soda: to make the pancakes extra fluffy.
- Salt: to enhance the flavors.
- Plant Milk: I use almond milk, but almost any non-dairy milk will work.
- Unsweetened Applesauce: this acts as our egg replacement and adds moisture.
- Vegan Butter: for a rich buttery flavor and to add fat.
- Lemon Zest: to give the pancakes a fresh lemon flavor.
- Lemon Juice: the acid from this will help activate the baking soda and contribute to the fluffiness as well as add fresh lemon flavor.
- Lemon Extract: For a more intense lemon flavor.
- Blueberries: Fresh blueberries are preferred. The flavor and texture of fresh berries are definitely worth it.
- Oil: for cooking. I use refined coconut oil, but any high heat neutral oil will work well.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN LEMON BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
- Whisk the dry ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Melt the butter. In a small dish, heat the vegan butter in the microwave for 15-second intervals until the butter is fully melted.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Mix the wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, add the plant milk, applesauce, melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, and lemon extract. Mix until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently mix until mostly incorporated.
- Add the blueberries and gently mix the batter. Be careful not to overmix.
- Rest. Allow the batter to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet to medium-low heat and add about 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Cook. When the oil starts to shimmer, add about ¼ cup of batter to the skillet for each pancake and cook until the surface of the pancakes start to bubble, about 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve these pancakes with the toppings of your choice, but you can never go wrong with butter and maple syrup.
HOW TO STORE VEGAN LEMON BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
Store these pancakes in an airtight container or freezer bag, for 2-3 days in the refrigerator or 30 days in the freezer. This is great for saving time in the morning!
I hope you enjoy these delicious vegan lemon blueberry pancakes as much as I do. If you make them, please comment or rate them, so I know that you enjoyed them!
MORE VEGAN BREAKFAST RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:Print
Vegan Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp Cane Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Plant Milk
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 tbsp Melted Vegan Butter
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract
- ½ cup Fresh Blueberries
- ¼ cup Neutral High Heat Oil For Cooking (I use refined coconut oil)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small dish, heat the vegan butter in the microwave in 15 second intervals until melted.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- In a separate bowl mix together the plant milk, applesauce, melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, and lemon extract.
- Gently mix together the wet and dry ingredients until mostly incorporated, then gently mix in the blueberries. Be careful not to over mix.
- Allow the batter to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Add the oil of your choice to a skillet on medium-low heat.
- When the oil starts to shimmer, add about ¼ cup of batter to the skillet for each pancake.
- Cook until the surface of the pancakes start to bubble, about 2 minutes, then flip them over and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Pancakes should be golden brown in color.
- Serve the pancakes topped with butter and maple syrup or any other toppings of your choice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: blueberry, easy vegan, lemon, pancakes, plant-based, vegan breakfast