This creamy, lush salted caramel protein smoothie is great for breakfast or a post-workout protein boost. A healthy, dairy-free smoothie made with smooth cashew butter to give it a decadent caramel flavor.
What You’ll Need to Make a Salted Caramel Protein Smoothie:
- Plant Milk: I like to use unsweetened almond milk, but feel free to use any non-dairy milk that you prefer.
- Banana: I use a frozen banana for a nice for the best creamy consistency. Bananas are also a great natural sweetener.
- Cashew Butter: The flavor of cashew butter when sweetened and salted tastes so much like caramel!
- Vanilla Protein Powder: Feel free to use any brand of vegan protein powder you like. I love to use the Ora Organic So Lean So Clean Plant-Based Superfood Protein.
- Ice: this is optional, but I like to use ice to keep my smoothie cold longer.
- Sea Salt: for the “salted” flavor.
How to Make a Salted Caramel Protein Smoothie:
- Add the plant milk, frozen banana, cashew butter, protein powder, sea salt, and ice.
- Blend. Start your blender on a low speed until the bananas break down, then increase the speed to high until the ingredients are smooth and combined.
- Decrease the blender speed back to the low setting before stopping.
- Enjoy your smoothie right away.
Can I make a salted caramel protein smoothie without bananas?
Do you prefer your shakes and smoothies without bananas? Not to worry. Feel free to swap the bananas for one frozen avocado. Avocados have a mild flavor and, like bananas, will add a creamy texture. If you decide to make this shake without the banana, you may want to add a sweetener like maple syrup or agave syrup. Just be aware that the color may be slightly different.
Customizing and Adding Extra Nutrition this Salted Caramel Protein Smoothie:
Plant Milk: My go-to is usually unsweetened almond milk, but I’ve also made this shake with oat milk, which makes it even creamier. Any non-dairy milk is great, but you can swap it according to your preferences.
Nutritional Boosts: The protein powder that I use has lots of added nutrition, but some additions that I like to use are flax seeds, chia seeds, or hemp seeds.
Add some greens: Shakes and smoothies are always a good way to squeeze in extra fruits and veggies. So, sometimes I like to add greens with a mild flavor that won’t change the taste of my drink. I’ve found that kale or spinach works best.
More Vegan Smoothie You’ll Love:
- The Best Mango Pineapple Smoothie (Dairy and Banana Free)
- The Best Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake (Vegan)
- The Best Blue Spirulina Smoothie Without Banana
Salted Caramel Protein Smoothie
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
This creamy and lush salted caramel protein smoothie is great for breakfast or a post-workout protein boost. A healthy, dairy-free smoothie made with smooth cashew butter to give it a decadent caramel flavor.
- 1 ½ cup Plant Milk
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 2 Tbsp Cashew Butter
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (vegan)
- ½ cup Ice
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt (pinch)
- To a blender, add the plant milk, frozen banana, cashew butter, protein powder, and ice.
- Blend on low until the bananas start to break down, then increase the speed to high until smooth.
- Once smooth, decrease the speed to low before stopping.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
Leave a Reply