This blue spirulina smoothie without banana not only delicious and refreshing, but is also a great way to consume fruits and veggies outside of a meal and to get some added nutrients and health benefits. And if you’re looking for a smoothie that is made without bananas, this one is definitely for you.
BLUE SPIRULINA BENEFITS
Blue spirulina is a blue-green algae found in lakes and ponds. It is rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, carotenoids, and protein. Studies have shown that blue spirulina may have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties, lower cholesterol, reduce blood pressure, help with anemia and more. Because blue spirulina has a neutral flavor, it’s great to add to smoothies, drinks, oatmeal and chia pudding for an extra nutritional boost.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE A BLUE SPIRULINA SMOOTHIE
- Guava Juice: or the sweet tropical flavor.
- Coconut Water: for added nutrients and hydration.
- Ice: for texture and a thick consistency.
- Frozen Fruit: mango and pineapple helps to balance out the sweet flavor of the guava juice.
- Blue Spirulina Powder: I used the KOS Organic Luminous Blue Spirulina. A little goes a long way and adds a lot of nutrients to this smoothie.
HOW TO MAKE A BLUE SPIRULINA SMOOTHIE
- Start out slow. Blend all of your ingredients on low speed first and then gradually increase the speed until all of the ingredients are well combined and smooth.
- Add more liquid if necessary. I like my smoothies pretty thick, but feel free to add more liquid for slightly thinner consistency.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:Print
Blue Spirulina Smoothie
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 cup Guava Juice
- 1 cup Coconut Water
- 1 cup Frozen Mango
- 1 cup Ice
- ½ cup Frozen Pineapple
- ¼ tsp Blue Spirulina Powder
- To a blender, add the guava juice, coconut water, frozen pineapple, frozen mango, ice, and blue spirulina.
- Blend on medium until fruit and ice start to break down, then increase the speed to high and continue to blend until smooth.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drinks
Keywords: blue spirulina, easy vegan recipe, healthy, healthy vegan recipe, smoothie recipe