A sweet and refreshing watermelon spinach smoothie is a great way to get your greens! Made with delicious summer fruits, this green smoothie is a great post-workout drink that’s easy to whip up in just 5 minutes.
Why You’ll Love This Smoothie:
This healthy watermelon spinach smoothie combines vibrant summer fruit and greens for a tasty and nutritious low-calorie treat.
Ingredients to Make a Watermelon Spinach Smoothie:
- Watermelon: great for hydration, skin health, muscle recovery, and digestion.
- Spinach: chock full of iron, fiber, vitamins A, C, K1, folic acid, and calcium.
- Peaches: good for skin health, digestion, and immune system health.
- Strawberries: for vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Orange Juice: rich in vitamin C, which helps with iron absorption from the spinach.
How to Make a Watermelon Spinach Smoothie:
- Add the orange juice, watermelon, spinach, peaches, and strawberries to a blender. Be sure to add your liquids first.
- Blend on medium until the frozen fruit starts to break down, then increase the speed to high and continue to blend until smooth.
- Enjoy! Drink your smoothie right away.
Customize Your Watermelon Spinach Smoothie:
- Protein Boost: Add a scoop of protein powder of your choice. I’d recommend a fruit or vanilla-flavored protein powder that won’t clash with the fruit in the smoothie.
- Add Superfoods: a tablespoon of chia seeds, hemp seeds, or ground flax seeds are all great ways to add healthy fats, fiber, and minerals to your smoothie without changing the flavor.
- Extra Fruit: the choices are totally up to you.
- More Greens: add raw or cooked kale, chard, or collard greens for an added boost of nutrition.
- Neutral Veggies: cauliflower is excellent to add to this smoothie for more veggie power.
Can I Make it a Smoothie Bowl?
Absolutely! You’ll want to add slightly less liquid and gauge the thickness of the smoothie until it’s to your liking. You’ll also want to be sure to use all frozen fruit. I like to cut my watermelon chunks and then put them in the freezer for when I’m ready to eat or use them in smoothies.
More Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love:
- The Best Blimey Limey Smoothie (Tropical Smoothie Cafe Copycat)
- The Best Blue Spirulina Smoothie Without Banana
- The Best Mango Pineapple Smoothie (Dairy and Banana Free)