Chia seeds are packed with nutrients. Omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, calcium, and antioxidants, just to name a few. These seeds aren’t ideal for snacking on, but they’re a great add-in for smoothies, oatmeal, and yogurt. Or you can take some simple ingredients and make this vanilla chia pudding. Load it up with fruit, nuts, and granola and you’ve got a pretty complete meal.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE CHIA VANILLA PUDDING
- Chia Seeds: the texture of the chia seeds changes when soaked with liquid and creates a jelly-like consistency.
- Plant Milk: to make the pudding creamy and activate the aforementioned texture change in the chia seeds.
- Maple Syrup: to sweeten the pudding.
- Vanilla Extract: for a richer flavor.
HOW TO MAKE VANILLA CHIA PUDDING
- Mix the ingredients. In a bowl, mix the chia seeds, plant milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
- Let it set. Cover the bowl and allow the pudding to set for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Stir. To loosen the seeds that have settled to the bottom, stir or whisk until chunks are smoothed out.
- Serve topped with granola, fruit, or any other toppings of your choice.
Swaps & Add-Ins
- To make this pudding creamier, plant milk can be swapped for canned coconut milk or plant-based yogurt.
- Don’t like maple syrup? Agave syrup, date syrup, or any other natural sweetener will work well too.
- Want to add more protein? Stir in some protein powder and some additional plant milk.
Batching and Storing
If you’re making a large batch for meal prep, store the chia pudding in an airtight tight container for up to 4 days.
More Easy Vegan Recipes You May Love:
I hope you enjoy this recipe!Print
Vanilla Chia Pudding
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 cup Plant Milk
- ½ cup Chia Pudding
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a medium bowl, mix chia seeds, plant milk, vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Cover and allow to set for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove from refrigerator and mix to fully incopororate settled seeds.
- Serve with desired toppings.
- Prep Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
Keywords: breakfast, chia, chia pudding, easy, plant-based, quick, vegan, whole food