This 3-ingredient vegan chocolate hazelnut spread is smooth and creamy and will fulfill any Nutella craving. Great for toast, pancakes, and French toast, as well as a dip for fruit, or as a treat to enjoy right out of the jar. No shame here.
INGREDIENTS FOR 3-INGREDIENT VEGAN CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT SPREAD
- Raw Hazelnuts: Easy to find at most grocery stores.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips: these are great because they’re already sweetened.
- Sea Salt: to heighten the flavors.
HOW TO MAKE 3-INGREDIENT VEGAN CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT SPREAD
- Roast the hazelnuts. Arrange the hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast them in the oven for 8-10 minutes at 400° F.
- Remove the skins. When the hazelnuts are cool enough to touch but still warm, pour them into a clean kitchen towel and rub them together inside of the towel to remove the skins. A few may be stubborn, this is okay.
- Blend the hazelnuts. In a food processor or high-speed blender, blend the hazelnuts until they are smooth like peanut butter.
- Melt the chocolate. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate in 30-second intervals until it is smooth and fully melted. Be sure to stir the chocolate after each interval.
- Add the chocolate and salt to the hazelnut butter and continue to blend until the chocolate is fully incorporated and there are no more streaks.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
This hazelnut spread can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 14 days in an airtight container.