This 3-ingredient vegan chocolate hazelnut spread is smooth and creamy and will fulfill any Nutella craving. Great for toast, pancakes, and French toast, as well as a dip for fruit, or as a treat to enjoy right out of the jar. No shame here.
INGREDIENTS FOR 3-INGREDIENT VEGAN CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT SPREAD
- Raw Hazelnuts: Easy to find at most grocery stores.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips: these are great because they’re already sweetened.
- Sea Salt: to heighten the flavors.
HOW TO MAKE 3-INGREDIENT VEGAN CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT SPREAD
- Roast the hazelnuts. Arrange the hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast them in the oven for 8-10 minutes at 400° F.
- Remove the skins. When the hazelnuts are cool enough to touch but still warm, pour them into a clean kitchen towel and rub them together inside of the towel to remove the skins. A few may be stubborn, this is okay.
- Blend the hazelnuts. In a food processor or high-speed blender, blend the hazelnuts until they are smooth like peanut butter.
- Melt the chocolate. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate in 30-second intervals until it is smooth and fully melted. Be sure to stir the chocolate after each interval.
- Add the chocolate and salt to the hazelnut butter and continue to blend until the chocolate is fully incorporated and there are no more streaks.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
This hazelnut spread can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 14 days in an airtight container.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:Print
3-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- 2 cups Raw Hazelnuts
- 4 oz Vegan Chocolate Chips
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven 400° F
- On a baking sheet arrange hazelnuts in a single layer.
- Roast hazelnuts for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow hazelnuts to cool slightly.
- Once the hazelnuts are cool enough to touch, but still warm, pour them onto a clean kitchen towel. Wrap them tightly in the towel and shuffle or rub them around in the towel to loosen the skins off. Most of the skins should come off, but it's okay if there are a few with the skins left on.
- Blend hazelnuts in the food processor until smooth.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate by heating in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Stirring after each interval.
- Stir chocolate until smooth.
- Add chocolate and salt to the hazelnut butter.
- Blend until the chocolate is fully incorporated.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes