These curry chickpea salad sandwiches have become one of my staple lunch and lazy dinner recipes. A flavorful vegan sandwich with a blend of chickpeas and fresh herbs and then elevated with curry spices and garlic. A great sandwich recipe that can easily be added to your weekly vegan meal prep. Whether you decide to enjoy these as regular sandwiches or have them in a wrap, this tasty recipe won’t disappoint.
INGREDIENTS FOR CURRY CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICHES
- Bread: I like sourdough or a soft white, but this is totally up to you.
- Chickpeas: I use canned chickpeas for convenience.
- Vegan Mayo: For creamy consistency and bind the mixture together.
- Gala Apple: To compliment the herbs and for a nice sweet bite.
- Herbs and Aromatics: Green onion, red onion, cilantro, and chives.
- Spices: Curry powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Sea Salt: To help bring out all the different flavors.
HOW TO MAKE CURRY CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICHES
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, I like to do this to remove any excess salt.
- Chop the herbs and onions. Roughly chop the cilantro, green onions, and red onion. Finely chop the chives.
- Chop the apple into ¼ inch bite-sized pieces.
- Mash the chickpeas. In a shallow dish, add the chickpeas and mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Mix it all together. In a separate bowl, add the mashed chickpeas, apples, chopped onions and herbs, mayo, curry powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Sandwich it. Spoon a generous amount of the chickpea salad onto your bread of choice, cover, and enjoy!
CAN I MAKE THESE CURRY CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICHES WITHOUT MAYO?
Absolutely. Feel free to swap out the vegan mayonnaise for a plant-based plain yogurt or about 2 mashed avocados.