These easy vegan chicken wraps are protein-packed and come together in just 20 minutes. Made with seasoned vegan chicken, a creamy pesto mayo sauce, vegan mozzarella, peppery arugula, and juicy tomatoes, these wraps are one of my go-to lunch recipes.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This recipe is easy to make, protein-rich, and comes together in under 30 minutes. Great for lunch, a snack, or a simple vegan dinner that comes together in no time. I love to make my vegan chicken wraps with pesto sauce, arugula, and vegan cheese, but what’s also great about this recipe is that you can add or exclude ingredients based on what you like. Add vegan buffalo sauce or vegan ranch instead of pesto, or change up the veggies. It’s totally up to you.
Ingredients for Vegan Chicken Wraps:
- Vegan Grilled Chicken Strips: I used the Sweet Earth Mindful Chick’n Strips, but feel free to use the brand of your choice or even hydrated soy curls.
- Tortillas or Wraps: I like to use basic flour tortillas.
- Seasonings: Dry Italian herbs, garlic powder, and sea salt.
- Oil: a high-heat oil for cooking.
- Dairy-Free Pesto Sauce: Any vegan brand of your choice will do. I like to use Trader Joe’s kale pesto for convenience.
- Vegan Mayonaise: to make the creamy pesto sauce.
- Vegan Cheese: any plant-based mozzarella that you like will work well.
- Veggies: arugula and tomatoes.
How to Make Vegan Chicken Wraps with Pesto Mayo:
- Cook the vegan chicken. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the vegan chicken, garlic powder, Italian herb seasoning, and salt. Cook the vegan chicken until brown on all sides.
- Prep your fillings. Slice the tomatoes and coarsely tear the arugula. Shred or thinly slice the vegan mozzarella (if needed).
- Mix the sauce. In a small bowl, add the vegan mayonnaise and pesto. Mix until fully combined.
- Wrap it. Spread the pesto mayo onto the tortilla, then add the vegan mozzarella, cooked vegan chicken, tomatoes, and arugula. Assembling the wrap in this order will ensure that the vegan mozzarella will melt well.
- Grill it. Add a bit more oil to the skillet on medium heat and add the closed wraps seam side down to seal them. Grill on both sides until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the heat and enjoy with any extra pesto mayo.
More Easy Vegan Recipes You’ll Love:
- Unbelievably Easy Vegan Stuffed Crust Pizza
- Easy Curried Sweet Potato and Chickpea Bowls (Vegan)
- Deliciously Easy Grilled Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich