This pineapple agua fresca (agua de piña) is perfect for a warm summer day. Made with only four ingredients, this drink is tasty, refreshing, and incredibly easy to make.
What is Agua Fresca?
Agua fresca is a refreshing traditional Mexican drink consisting of fruit, water, and sweetener.
Benefits of Pineapples:
Pineapples are packed with vitamin C and manganese, and some studies have shown that pineapple is excellent for digestion, workout recovery, relieving joint pain, and immune system health.
Ingredients to Make Pineapple Agua Fresca:
- Pineapple: Fresh pineapple that is ripe and fragrant is preferred, but I’ve also made this with thawed frozen pineapple chunks and it turned out just as good. So feel free to use what you have on hand.
- Lime: this is optional, but the fresh lime juice helps to balance the sweetness of the pineapples and gives it an extra flavor boost.
- Sweetener: I like to use agave, but feel free to use sugar or any other sweetener of your choice.
How to Make Pineapple Agua Fresca:
- Cut away the pineapple's rind, top, and core and slice it into chunks.
- Juice the lime.
- Add the pineapple chunks, water, and lime juice to a blender and blend on high until there are no more visible chunks and the drink is smooth.
- Transfer the pineapple agua fresca to a pitcher and add sweetener to your preferred taste. This can vary depending on how sweet the pineapple is.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Enjoy over ice.
Optional Add-ons to Elevate Your Pineapple Water:
- Cucumbers Slices (my personal favorite!)
- Kiwi Slices
- Lemon or Lime Wedges