This kiwi agua fresca recipe or, kiwi de agua, is delicious and refreshing. Perfect for a hot summer day, this drink is made with three simple ingredients and can be made with or without refined sugar as a healthier option to quench your thirst.
What is Agua Fresca?
Agua fresca is a traditional Mexican drink consisting of fruit, water, and sweetener. An incredibly refreshing drink that is super simple to make and comes together in very little time.
Health Benefits of Kiwis:
Kiwis are an excellent source of vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants. Some studies have shown kiwis to be beneficial to digestive health, immune system support, and heart health,
Ingredients to Make Kiwi Agua Fresca:
- Kiwis: fresh green kiwi works best for this drink.
- Sweetener: I use agave syrup, but you can definitely use granulated sugar if you prefer.
How to Make Kiwi Agua Fresca:
- Peel the skin from the kiwis.
- Lightly rinse the kiwis to remove any skin fibers.
- Add the kiwis and water to a blender and blend on high until all of the kiwis are combined with no more chunks.
- Transfer the kiwi agua fresca to a pitcher and sweeten it to your preferred taste.
- Served chilled over ice.
Optional Add-ons to Elevate Your Kiwi de Agua:
- Pineapple Chunks or Slices
- Lemon or Lime Wedges
More Easy Drinks & Smoothies You’ll Love:
- Easy Watermelon Chia Fresca
- The Best Kiwi Quencher Copycat (Refined Sugar & Dairy-Free)
- The Best Blue Spirulina Smoothie Without Banana