A delicious blueberry watermelon smoothie with bright refreshing flavors. A great way to use up your summer fruits. This simple, healthy smoothie is made with just five ingredients and is the perfect drink for a hot day.
Why You’ll Love This Smoothie:
This smoothie is a great way to quench your thirst on a hot day. Made with hydrating watermelon and coconut water, antioxidant-rich blueberries and strawberries, and superfood chia seeds, this smoothie is a sure winner to keep you cool with an added boost of nutrition.
Ingredients to Make a Blueberry Watermelon Smoothie:
- Watermelon: refreshing, sweet, and hydrating.
- Blueberries: great source of antioxidants.
- Strawberries: a decent source of vitamin C and natural sweetness.
- Coconut Water: good for hydration and natural electrolytes.
- Chia Seeds: these tiny seeds add a boost of calcium, iron, and omega-3 fatty acids.
How to Make a Blueberry Watermelon Smoothie:
- Add the coconut water, watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, and chia seeds to a blender. Be sure to add your liquids first.
- Blend on medium until the frozen fruit starts to break down, then increase the speed to high and continue to blend until smooth.
- Enjoy! Drink your smoothie right away.
Customize Your Blueberry Watermelon Smoothie:
- Protein Boost: Add a scoop of protein powder of your choice. I’d recommend a fruit or vanilla-flavored protein powder that won’t clash with the fruit in the smoothie.
- Add Superfoods: a tablespoon of hemp seeds or ground flax seeds are all great ways to add healthy fats, fiber, and minerals to your smoothie without changing the flavor.
- Extra Fruit: the choices are totally up to you.
- More Greens: add raw or cooked kale, spinach, chard, or collard greens for an added boost of nutrition.
- Neutral Veggies: cauliflower is excellent to add to this smoothie for more veggie power.
More Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love:
- The Best Watermelon Spinach Smoothie
- The Best Blimey Limey Smoothie (Tropical Smoothie Cafe Copycat)
- The Best Blue Spirulina Smoothie Without Banana