Agua con chia or chia water is a healthy, refreshing, and nourishing drink that is perfect for a hot day or a quick and simple nutrition boost.
Agua con Chia Benefits (Chia Seed Water):
Chia seeds are a superfood because they are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, calcium, and antioxidants. Chia seeds can also absorb 12 times their weight in water, helping to add and prolong hydration.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
Mexican chia seeds are packed with so much nutrition and this is a really simple way to incorporate them into your diet. This refreshing drink is made with just two simple ingredients: chia seeds and water. It has no flavor so it is a perfect base for your favorite water infusions like fruits or fresh herbs.
Ingredients to Make Agua Con Chia:
Chia Seeds: I like to use organic black chia seeds as they are simple to find in most grocery stores.
Water: room temperature water works best to start.
How to Make Agua Con Chia:
- Add the chia seeds and 1 cup of water to a jar or container with a tight lid.
- Close and shake the jar or container for 10-20 seconds.
- Allow the chia seeds to set in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Add 2 cups water and the soaked chia seeds to a pitcher and stir with a fork or whisk to break up any clumps. Continue to chill until ready to serve.
- Enjoy as it is or add your favorite fruits or a sweetener.
Infusions and Garnishes:
- Fresh Berries
- Sliced Lemons or Lemon Juice
- Sliced Limes or Lime Juice
- Orange Slices or Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- Mint Leaves
- Cucumber Slices
- Agave Syrup
- Simple Syrup
- Stevia or Monk Fruit
- Organic Sugar
How to Store Agua Con Chia:
Agua con chia can last 2 to 3 days refrigerated in an airtight container or bottle.
More Aguas Frescas Recipes You’ll Love:
- Simple & Refreshing Pineapple Agua Fresca - Pineapple Water
- Easy & Refreshing Kiwi Agua Fresca (Kiwi de Agua)
- Easy Watermelon Chia Fresca